Saturday, February 16, 2008

Long Evening

Grandma and Grandpa finally got to bed around one am Saturday morning after attending the Gaither Homecoming Tour Concert at the Tarrant County Convention Center in Ft. Worth. One of our neighbors won 15 free tickets by calling in to a metroplex radio station and I drove the church bus for the group.

Bill Gaither is still in charge of the programs but he doesn't sing any more instead he does some dialog and comedy and introduces the "new" groups. At least they are new to me. The music was very good but of course I would still prefer the music style of gospel quartets of 30 years ago!

Last nights program included Janet Paschal, Signature Sound, Guy Penrod, Gordon Mote at the piano, and several others whose names I can't remember. There was one family that was from Texas I think. The mother played the piano like no one I have ever seen. It was really amazing the way she tore up that keyboard - even more that Gordon Mote.

I was very interested in the technical part of the production. There were lots of wireless microphones on stage and in use at the same time and the crew did a good job of mixing and allowing the right people to be heard at the right time. Cameramen were all around keeping active images on the screens and monitors in the arena. One and a half hours of the show was broadcast live on Daystar TV. Near the end of the show they did some older songs with all the performers on the stage. Some of the solo singers were deceased! They must have been singing with a video track. At the appropriate time the old stars appeared on the projection screens doing their part. It was good to see George Yonce of the Cathedrals doing his part.

By late afternoon Saturday my biological clock is almost back in sync after such a late night out. BTW - Alan and his crew came to the concert in answer to a 911 call for someone that passed out during the program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home