Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thankful

I'm thankful that God forgives me for overeating! Tonight was the time for our regular annual community Thanksgiving worship and feast. We met at FBC with the new Methodist minister doing the preaching. A combined choir helped with the music. The sanctuary was full.

After the worship service everyone moved to the fellowship hall for a feast catered by R&K Cafe of Weatherford. We were given a choice of chicken and dressing or chicken fried steak. Steak is R&K's specialty so I chose the steak and was not disappointed. They had a mobile kitchen set up just outside the back door so the steak was freshly cooked. In fact I had to wait a few minutes for a new batch to come in.

I usually have difficulty sleeping well after a big meal so now I have to pay for my supper. Guess I will stay up late tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home