Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Killdeer

This Killdeer has a nest beside our driveway in the same location as she used last year.




Here she is setting on the nest.  There is no cover but she is still hard to see.




If we get too close she runs away for a few feet cries loudly and makes a display to attract our attention away from the nest.




Can you see the three eggs in the nest of gravel?


Here is an excellent article about the killdeer...


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had been looking for photos of Lauren's wedding b/c we were not able to attend. Saw your website, looked around. Saw the Kildeer bird and thought you need to see my sister's pencil of the eggs from her yard. BUT I had to decide to join google again, yada yada. Now I'm blogging and facebooking and writing to you! Here's her website: http://karenhargettfineart.com/
By the way, I'm married to Glenn's uncle - last saw you when we ate at Tres Amigos a few years ago. Hope you're well! Jenn

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home