Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Tuesday in Dallas

After dropping Ann Carol off at Love Field I drove to Highland Park to do my walking for the day. I parked the Prius at the curb beside the lake in the Lakeside historic district on Turtle Creek. This is the dam built by Henry Exall in 1890. The waterfall was really roaring today.




Across the bridge was the Teddy Bear Park.



From Turtle Creek I drove to Armstrong Parkway to check on the old pecan featured in this Kera video.



Next I drove on a couple of blocks before turning right to the little park where Jeff and I were caching when we found the miniature bamboo that I now have growing in my yard. The grove of bamboo is still growing along the fence line in Highland Park but the mansion behind it that had fallen into disrepair when we were first there has now been restored.

1 Comments:

Blogger onemotherslove said...

The teddy bear park looks cute!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home