Monday
Another full day. In the morning I drove daughter to church for a meeting while I picked up a couple of caches. At the first location just outside town on FM380 while I was signing the log a truck pulled up and a man got out and asked what I was doing. When I looked up it was Coy Nall! He now lives a little way down FM380 in Veribest. This was really a surprise. After visiting a while we went on our way and I met daughter after her meeting.
Alan took us to lunch at the Dun Bar Restaurant. It was an old fashioned restaurant on business 67 that didn't even have a name on the outside of the building. They served lots of good country good including some magnificent pies.
Everyone had a good nap after lunch before going shopping. For supper I heated leftovers from yesterdays Mexican food lunch at Henry's Mexican restaurant. The leftovers were more than I could eat for supper.
I searched out a few more geocaches late today including one at the southwest edge of town. About 400 feet from the street into the mesquite and prickly pear thicket I flushed a flock of wild turkey. Couldn't get my camera turned on before they disappeared into the brush.

Found a sun-bleached antler near the cache location.
Sissy called and helped us find pictures on the teenmissions web site. We finally found a picture of Lauren in a group shot. They are in boot camp this week. Can you find Lauren in the picture?

...........................................................................
Another full day. In the morning I drove daughter to church for a meeting while I picked up a couple of caches. At the first location just outside town on FM380 while I was signing the log a truck pulled up and a man got out and asked what I was doing. When I looked up it was Coy Nall! He now lives a little way down FM380 in Veribest. This was really a surprise. After visiting a while we went on our way and I met daughter after her meeting.
Alan took us to lunch at the Dun Bar Restaurant. It was an old fashioned restaurant on business 67 that didn't even have a name on the outside of the building. They served lots of good country good including some magnificent pies.
Everyone had a good nap after lunch before going shopping. For supper I heated leftovers from yesterdays Mexican food lunch at Henry's Mexican restaurant. The leftovers were more than I could eat for supper.
I searched out a few more geocaches late today including one at the southwest edge of town. About 400 feet from the street into the mesquite and prickly pear thicket I flushed a flock of wild turkey. Couldn't get my camera turned on before they disappeared into the brush.

Found a sun-bleached antler near the cache location.
Sissy called and helped us find pictures on the teenmissions web site. We finally found a picture of Lauren in a group shot. They are in boot camp this week. Can you find Lauren in the picture?

...........................................................................

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home