Busy Week
I am still coughing some but have felt much better this week. Tuesday I hauled a load of calves to auction in Meridian and Thursday took another load to West. Jerry went with me on Tuesday. We returned by way of Lake Whitney and Hillsboro for some supplies and lunch at Jim's Krispy Chicken and Fish.
The pastures are getting very dry and the grass is short. It has now been almost six weeks without significant rain. The hillside here is beginning to look almost as brown as those around the Golden Gate! The soaker hose has been getting lots of use in an attempt to keep plants around the house looking fresh.
Today I moved all the cattle from the pasture near the Auburn Cemetery. That land has been leased to a neighboring cattleman. There is still some water in the creek but it will disappear soon.
I am still coughing some but have felt much better this week. Tuesday I hauled a load of calves to auction in Meridian and Thursday took another load to West. Jerry went with me on Tuesday. We returned by way of Lake Whitney and Hillsboro for some supplies and lunch at Jim's Krispy Chicken and Fish.
The pastures are getting very dry and the grass is short. It has now been almost six weeks without significant rain. The hillside here is beginning to look almost as brown as those around the Golden Gate! The soaker hose has been getting lots of use in an attempt to keep plants around the house looking fresh.
Today I moved all the cattle from the pasture near the Auburn Cemetery. That land has been leased to a neighboring cattleman. There is still some water in the creek but it will disappear soon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home