Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hot Weather Pastime

I have not been getting out much to work in the afternoon heat. Guess I am getting soft in my older years. The Prius has a very good air conditioner and makes a great place from which to observe the world in the hot weather.



Today we drove to the Central Market in Ft. Worth for the Hatch Chili Festival.











We watched them roasting the peppers in a big rotating drum with a blow torch like flame shooting up through it. The temperature in the parking lot was well over 100 degrees so the peppers roasted quickly. So did the people standing around watching! We toured the store but finished with an emply basket. I did taste several of the sample dishes that were made with Hatch chilies. The bread was best. I didn't like the chili cheese sausage but I didn't take the sample margarita that was offered with it. Perhaps that would have changed the flavor somewhat.

We bought a package of roasted chilies as we headed back to the car for our cool relaxing drive home.

2 Comments:

Blogger onemotherslove said...

I want to see a picture of "Patch". Did you take one?

6:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I miss Central Market!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home