Saturday, August 04, 2007

Its So Good To Be Home

Dumplin and Bob Barker were both glad to see me and the recliner felt soooo good. I like to travel and see new country but my back doesn't like spending that much time in the driver's seat.

Today we traveled through southeastern Oklahoma. There were lots of hills and small mountains all covered with conifers. At the highest point the GPS registered just over 2000 feet elevation. Soon however we came to a wide very level lowland with acres and acres of corn almost ready for harvest. This was the Red River valley. It is very wide on the Oklahoma side at this point just south of Idabelle. The elevation here was only 330 feet and the river is wide and shallow, only a few feet below the level of the surrounding bottomland.

We stopped at McDonalds in Terrell for the free Wi-Fi and sent some photos to Walmart in Waxahachie so that we could pick up the prints on our way home. I think I will go to bed early tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home