Thursday, July 26, 2007

Vacation Feast

My cattle usually become restless in late summer as the heat and lack of rain dries up the available grazing. For several years I have planted a field of sudan that so that it will be ready for grazing just about the time that we will be traveling with our church for summer mission trip. This way I know the cows will be content and not trying escape looking for greener pastures.

The sudan has grown really well this season. I think the herd should be content for some time. Here are a few of them after one day of grazing the new field.



I think they may be afraid to wander very far into the "jungle" in fear of becoming lost!





There is no forced perspective in these pictures. The grass is really that tall. Sue Ellen has some pictures of the grass before we turned the cows in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home