Monday, March 03, 2008

Disappointment Strikes

I had my heart set on voting twice in the presidential primary election this year. I had been hearing all the talk on the radio about voters in Texas being able to cast 2 votes for their favorite candidate. I now discover that only Texas Democrats have that privilege. Three fourths of the Democratic vote count comes from the primary election and the remaining one fourth of the votes come from the caucus that is held 15 minutes after the polls close. Voters have to be present at the caucus to be able to cast a vote there.

Jerry and I voted early as Republicans and all the Republican votes are obtained from the primary. At least I learned a little more about the political process in this great state of ours. I wonder if I will stay up late listening to the returns after the polls close tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bet I can guess if you are staying up to wait for the results!!!
LOVEjerry

6:39 PM  
Blogger onemotherslove said...

My guess is that you'll "stay up" in the recliner, then wake up several hours after the news has passed & wonder who won! : )

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home