Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Road Trip - Day One

I was getting tired of driving by the time we reached Bryan so we made a rest stop at the library.


This sculpture outside the library included a replica of the Berlin wall torn down.




We saw this Presbyterian church in Navasota.


And stopped by the fire hall.


This old stone edifice housed the Missionary Baptist Church.







I never knew where Prairie View was located. I just remember the annual football game in the Cotton Bowl with Grambling.






Tower 17 is no longer used at one of the busiest rail intersections in the country and has been relocated at the railroad museum a few blocks from its original location.

For information about the operation of Tower 17 check out this link. It was after hours when I was here. Wish I could have gotten inside to examine the interlocking machine



After getting to Mary Nell's house in Rosenberg she drove us around town stopping for supper and then to Needville where her granddaughter Victoria age 6 was playing softball.
Back at her house she showed us a quilt made for her mother, Allene by Allene's mother Una and sister Mattie Beth.

























Mary Nell (age77) said goodbye as we left on Wednesday morning after she had given me a cutting of the plumeria in the background.

1 Comments:

Blogger onemotherslove said...

WOW! She looks just like Grandmama with gray hair & a moo-moo!!!

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home