Summer Weather
We got almost 2 inches of very welcome rain early last week. The ground was really hard and dry with large cracks in the ground but it was softened enough that we were able to do some plowing with the offset disk in the wheat field. It will soon be time to plant fall wheat for the cows to graze.
This summer I had 2 fields of sudan planted for the cows to graze. They have already devoured the first field and the second field has stopped growing until the rain. It is about 4 feet high now and will make good grazing for the cows during this hot dry weather. I have been mowing cockle burs in the grazed out field. The plants are just beginning to produce burs.
We got almost 2 inches of very welcome rain early last week. The ground was really hard and dry with large cracks in the ground but it was softened enough that we were able to do some plowing with the offset disk in the wheat field. It will soon be time to plant fall wheat for the cows to graze.
This summer I had 2 fields of sudan planted for the cows to graze. They have already devoured the first field and the second field has stopped growing until the rain. It is about 4 feet high now and will make good grazing for the cows during this hot dry weather. I have been mowing cockle burs in the grazed out field. The plants are just beginning to produce burs.

3 Comments:
I thought you had these fields leased out!
I miss rain! We had some fog yesterday and it looked homeful... but no rain.
Oops, meant to say HOPEFUL.
Post a Comment
<< Home