Grandpa Is Better
He has fallen only once this week so far and suffered no major injury except to dignity!
Someone gifted us with a large golden lab who has made herself quite at home here. She seems to have been a house dog before coming to the country. She scratched at the living room windows so much that I erected an electric fence which quickly ended that practice. One day as Jerry and I were both entering the house at the same time we had both doors open and the dog ran in past us almost knocking Grandma off her feet. SE and I tried unsuccessfully to take her back outside but she was stronger than both of us. Alan finally came to the rescue and evicted the intruder.
Later Marvin and I went to the field to mow some weeds. The dog followed. As I walked away from the tractor Marvin engaged the mower making a loud clanging noise. The dog who had been following me was frightened by the sound and ran under me knocking my feet out from under me. It is impossible to stand when your feet are out to your side!!
The big beautiful golden lab now resides at the Tarrant County Humane Society awaiting adoption.
He has fallen only once this week so far and suffered no major injury except to dignity!
Someone gifted us with a large golden lab who has made herself quite at home here. She seems to have been a house dog before coming to the country. She scratched at the living room windows so much that I erected an electric fence which quickly ended that practice. One day as Jerry and I were both entering the house at the same time we had both doors open and the dog ran in past us almost knocking Grandma off her feet. SE and I tried unsuccessfully to take her back outside but she was stronger than both of us. Alan finally came to the rescue and evicted the intruder.
Later Marvin and I went to the field to mow some weeds. The dog followed. As I walked away from the tractor Marvin engaged the mower making a loud clanging noise. The dog who had been following me was frightened by the sound and ran under me knocking my feet out from under me. It is impossible to stand when your feet are out to your side!!
The big beautiful golden lab now resides at the Tarrant County Humane Society awaiting adoption.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home