Christmas Eve
I made my annual Christmas shopping trip to Walmart this afternoon. Was it ever crowded! I had to park completely at the far side of the parking lot but the air was filled with Christmas spirit even though the weather was warm and pleasant today. I checked out at the automotive department to miss the long lines at the front registers.
Last week I observed the atmosphere at Hulen mall. The decorations were beautiful giving a festive feel to the whole area but the shoppers were not really serious. They were just strolling along the mall in their new clothes and some might even be carrying a brightly colored gift bag. Today a Walmart the shoppers were serious about the business of making purchases. They came in their work clothes and left with so much merchandise that it to took a cart to haul it to the car. Some shoppers even required 2 carts to carry their goods. No wonder some of the malls are in serious financial trouble!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home