Friday, January 13, 2006

Cattle Work and More

Early this morning I went to Auburn to see if the cattle were finding the water behind Jeff's house. I saw that Jake thought the cattle were encroaching on his territory. He was keeping them run away from the water. I came home for the trailer and loaded Jake into the trailer. He is really heavy but did not protest too much.

I needed the trailer today to move cattle from Great's to the cemetery pasture so I staked Jake on Black Dog's chain while I moved the cattle. I hauled 300 gallons of water to the cemetery pasture to fill the water trough there and gave them a bale of hay.

The cattle behind Jeff's house looked relaxed and were eating their hay without Jake to bother them.


Late this afternoon we drove by the north place and on to town for milk and bread.
We noticed smoke just east of Grandpa Hale's place and saw that several acres of grassland had burned. There was smoke still coming up from behind a metal barn and all the GV fire department equipment was on site. It appeared that there was some kind of building burning behind the barn but I couldn't tell what it was.





The sunset was obscured by smoke from fires burning near Ft. Worth and in Parker county.




Jerry has been having some pain again in her right leg and is using the walker to get around the house. It has not been nearly as severe as that last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home