Saturday
The Tatums picked us up a little after 10 this morning. We dropped off Lauren at a Friend's house where they were to play war. This house was on a hill and I do mean a hill!! Glenn had to manually downshift the Caravan to negotiate the road. It made Valorie's hill look like a speed bump! There were other million dollar homes being built along the road.
Then we drove into Oakland where we ate Swedish Meatballs at the Ikea store. Glenn dropped us off at our motel for a nap while he went to church for afternoon rehearsal.
I rode with Ann Carol when she went back to get Lauren. Yes, Sue Ellen, I forgot to take my camera. We had to park on the hillside at the end of the driveway and walk down to the house. The driveway was chained off with a sign that warned of "Airsoft War in Progress - Proceed with Caution"! We could see Lauren and some others up on the hillside slinking through the weeds with their automatic weapons wearing full camouflage gear and face shields. She did bring back a few ticks.
After supper Jordann had an outing with friends at a sports club in the neighborhood. Since it was across the busiest street in the area Lauren and I walked with her. As we returned I noticed this view of the hills just north of town.

---------------------------------------------------------------
The Tatums picked us up a little after 10 this morning. We dropped off Lauren at a Friend's house where they were to play war. This house was on a hill and I do mean a hill!! Glenn had to manually downshift the Caravan to negotiate the road. It made Valorie's hill look like a speed bump! There were other million dollar homes being built along the road.
Then we drove into Oakland where we ate Swedish Meatballs at the Ikea store. Glenn dropped us off at our motel for a nap while he went to church for afternoon rehearsal.
I rode with Ann Carol when she went back to get Lauren. Yes, Sue Ellen, I forgot to take my camera. We had to park on the hillside at the end of the driveway and walk down to the house. The driveway was chained off with a sign that warned of "Airsoft War in Progress - Proceed with Caution"! We could see Lauren and some others up on the hillside slinking through the weeds with their automatic weapons wearing full camouflage gear and face shields. She did bring back a few ticks.
After supper Jordann had an outing with friends at a sports club in the neighborhood. Since it was across the busiest street in the area Lauren and I walked with her. As we returned I noticed this view of the hills just north of town.

---------------------------------------------------------------

1 Comments:
Where was your fanny pack that you keep your camera in??? : ) Tell Lauren that there's a sign up at the fire station for "Firefighter Olympics" in Austin and one of the games is paintball! They also have horseshoes, washers, archery, clay shooting, & power lifting, among other things.
Post a Comment
<< Home