Swinging In San Saba
Our cache in San Saba had been destroyed so Jerry and I made a trip to replace it with a new and larger container.

The Beveridge Bridge is undergoing historical restoration but will only be open to foot traffic when the job is completed. I am really disappointed that I can't drive Alta across the bridge any more.

As we left I parked the Prius under the Wedding Oak to give an indication of the size of the tree.

Jerry spotted the peddler by the courthouse and had to have a watermellon.

I thought this historical record on the lawn of the courthouse was interesting.

This is one of Texas' nicer county courthouses.

We took an alternate route home traveling along the old Phantom Hill Road. We visited Fort Phantom Hill one year on our trip to El Paso.

We saw where the confederacy harvested salt during the civil war.

And read a little about a local gun battle.
.......................................................
Our cache in San Saba had been destroyed so Jerry and I made a trip to replace it with a new and larger container.

The Beveridge Bridge is undergoing historical restoration but will only be open to foot traffic when the job is completed. I am really disappointed that I can't drive Alta across the bridge any more.

As we left I parked the Prius under the Wedding Oak to give an indication of the size of the tree.

Jerry spotted the peddler by the courthouse and had to have a watermellon.

I thought this historical record on the lawn of the courthouse was interesting.

This is one of Texas' nicer county courthouses.

We took an alternate route home traveling along the old Phantom Hill Road. We visited Fort Phantom Hill one year on our trip to El Paso.

We saw where the confederacy harvested salt during the civil war.

And read a little about a local gun battle.
.......................................................

1 Comments:
It's good to hear from you again! Did you go to San Saba today?
Post a Comment
<< Home