Sunday, September 10, 2006

Butterflies

We have had lots of small brown butterflies this summer. There have been lots of them all summer but now they are getting really thick. They cluster on the county roads where bois d'arc apples have been crushed on the road. When a car drives by they create a cloud of small brown butterflies swirling around in the air.

















This one tried to hide in my beard!




















Do you see it on my left cheek?




This one is resting on my arm. Sorry about the focus! .........................................

2 Comments:

Blogger onemotherslove said...

We've been swarmed with tiny brown ones this summer! Not the same as yours, though. Our wing shape is different. I *think* ours are Question Marks. They feed on the pecan tree sap which has made everything around our house sticky. I saw a Monarch float through the yard this afternoon. He's early.

7:39 PM  
Blogger onemotherslove said...

Hey I just noticed that those don't look like the same type of butterfly. I was going to guess Hackberry Emperor on the first photo, but the last photo doesn't look like that.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home