Progress
The hay is baled and two fields are planted with wheat. That is all we will do until we return from California.
Barker has been acting very aggressive with Marvin recently and Marvin is afraid of him. I have started having Marvin hand feed Barker a slice of bread each morning when he arrives. After only two mornings I think maybe Barker is beginning to get the idea that he should be more friendly.
I rode through the pastures today and was amazed at the quantity and size of grass that has grown up following all the rain we had this summer.
Lots and lots of weeds are huge this season. The Bloodweeds (Giant Ragweed) are quite impressive with many appearing to reach 10 to 15 feet in height. There are a lot of these plants surrounding parts of our lawn. Today while mowing I noticed yellow areas on the grass where these plants were shedding pollen. I am so glad that I am not allergic to ragweed. The spring grass bloom is what gives me problems.
The hay is baled and two fields are planted with wheat. That is all we will do until we return from California.
Barker has been acting very aggressive with Marvin recently and Marvin is afraid of him. I have started having Marvin hand feed Barker a slice of bread each morning when he arrives. After only two mornings I think maybe Barker is beginning to get the idea that he should be more friendly.
I rode through the pastures today and was amazed at the quantity and size of grass that has grown up following all the rain we had this summer.
Lots and lots of weeds are huge this season. The Bloodweeds (Giant Ragweed) are quite impressive with many appearing to reach 10 to 15 feet in height. There are a lot of these plants surrounding parts of our lawn. Today while mowing I noticed yellow areas on the grass where these plants were shedding pollen. I am so glad that I am not allergic to ragweed. The spring grass bloom is what gives me problems.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home