Sweet Plantain in Cranberry Syrup
My plantain dish didn't turn out as expected!

The recipe said to slice the plantain into discs after cooking in the microwave but my plantain went to mush in the microwave! The sauce is made with cranberry juice and brown sugar with a cinnamon stick. The flavor of the finished dish reminded me of cooked prunes! It had a pretty good flavor but I didn't like the texture of the plantain.
A serving suggestion was to spoon over vanilla ice cream but I didn't try that.
My plantain dish didn't turn out as expected!
The recipe said to slice the plantain into discs after cooking in the microwave but my plantain went to mush in the microwave! The sauce is made with cranberry juice and brown sugar with a cinnamon stick. The flavor of the finished dish reminded me of cooked prunes! It had a pretty good flavor but I didn't like the texture of the plantain.
A serving suggestion was to spoon over vanilla ice cream but I didn't try that.

1 Comments:
That looks really gross. I think Lauren ate fried plantains this summer in Peru.
Post a Comment
<< Home