Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Stubborn Black Dog

Monday night Black Dog was feeling fine. He was running around jumping and playing and chasing the cat. Tuesday morning he was nowhere to be seen at feeding time. I searched for him all morning but did not find him. We went to Long John Silver's for lunch and when we returned home he was lying in the yard looking very bedraggled. He seemed to barely have enough strength to stand up. I was able to get him to take his medicine and eat some food. By evening he was acting more normal but I chained him to keep him at home.

Wednesday morning I removed the chain and he immediately headed for the highway. I called him back and replaced the chain. He was stubborn about taking his pills today and kept spitting them out. Finally he swallowed most of the medication. Guess I will have to keep him chained until the call of the wild diminishes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home