Sunday, April 16, 2006

Friday was a Busy Day

Friday was a long day. I met Lynne at the new house site just after sun up as the first load of concrete was being dumped. Jeff went with the boys to RA Congress so I took my camera for Lynne to use recording the concrete day.

Next Jerry and I took the Prius to Dallas for a computer upgrade in compliance with a recall notice. Jerry drove the Prius and I took the Excursion. Our appointment was at 10 am and the procedure should take 2 hours. I had taken the coordinates for some caches to help pass the time while we waited.

As we were eating lunch at CiCi's my cell phone rang. The service manager said their computer indicated a low battery and it shut down half way through the upgrade process. They would have to charge the battery and try again (about 2 more hours)! There was a Dollar Store in the same strip center so we went there. I found enough items to stock a new cache that I hope to set up at George's Creek in western Johnson County.

When we returned to the dealership around 2pm the manager said they had another problem and had to call the service center in California. There seems to have been a problem with a small wire from the auxiliary battery that was not making a good connection and indicating low battery voltage and some of the connections required the application of an electrical grease. It would be about another hour! The job was finally completed and we were on our way home by 3 pm.

After returning home I made a quick trip to Cleburne on business while Jerry rested at home. The evening sun was casting long shadows by the time I started out of Cleburne so I stopped by Buffalo creek to look for a multi cache that I had failed to find a few days earlier. The sun had been shining straight down and very bright making it difficult to find the clue on my first visit. Today the conditions were better and I found the clue and followed it on to the final cache site near where a fisherman was relaxing by the creek. What a fine way to end a busy work week. The creek is not very attractive in this area but it is very peaceful.





This area is only two blocks from the new Justice Center and Johnson County Courthouse but it looks like it could be in the middle of nowhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home