Monday, October 16, 2006

Four Inches!

The rain that began on Sunday continued through the night. This morning there was 4 inches in the gauge! Some runoff almost filled the ponds but most soaked into the ground. This is great.

Bluebonnets require just the right set of cumstances to give a good full bloom in April. One of the requirements is good rain in October or late September. This past spring there were hardly any blooms to be seen in any of our pastures. Today while walking in the pasture near FM2258 and North Chambers creek I noticed these little bluebonnet seedlings. Next April should bring a blanket of blue.



-----------------------------------


Friends


Black Dog loves to chase Tiger Tom but occasionally they act like friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger onemotherslove said...

Aw... aren't they cute?! I had a bluebonnet seedling growing in a pot on a makeshift table. I think Little Cat knocked the table down. I couldn't find the seeding in the pile of dirt. : (

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home