Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Dinner


Lynne and Jeff hosted the dinner this year. When we arrived the table was decorated with a suitable theme for the occasion.






Jeff had been up early this morning to cook the turkey with David Wade's Turkey in a Bag recipe. It was still in the bag.







Nocona prepared the rolls for baking.








Jeff was proud of his bird.








The table was soon loaded.







Lynne was well prepared. The meal was ready before noon.







Soon we were all stuffed and there was lots of left-overs.




I will try to remember the menu. There was a turkey, cornbread dressing, chicken breasts cooked in dressing, giblet gravey, mashed potatoes, green beans, asparagus spears, deviled eggs, pink stuff salad, drained fruit salad and fruit salad with whipped cream. This is the dish that I remember so well from my childhood at the Stiles family gatherings. Jerry and I whipped the cream this morning in a chilled bowl and it turned out very well. We also had olives, both green and black, pickles, cranberry sauce (from a can) and hot rolls. For desert there was pecan pie, pumpkin pie served with extra homemade whipped cream left over from the salad, and a chocolate pound cake. I think I should fast tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home