Saturday was a very busy day!
After the morning chores, checking the cows and meeting with Marvin I went to the Diamond W Arena in Alvarado for the third annual Johnson County Wild Game Fest. Our youth director was in charge of parking with the kids directing cars to their parking spots.
This event is designed to attract men of the area to a christian event that might otherwise never attend a church service. Wild game meat was provided to anyone interested is setting up their cookers/smokers with prizes for the best in several categories. I did not hear who won.




From 10 am til 2 pm there was a large exhibit hall with vendors of all kinds. Food tables were set up along one side of the hall extending for over 100 yds. and they were giving away the food that had been prepared just outside the door.


















Some ladies from our church were handling a table of venison burgers. I made a mistake and filled up on venison and had no room to try any of the other interesting dishes. I will try to remember to try other things next year.

At one end of the exhibit hall was a small arena for demonstrations. David Hartwig a dog trainer had just started when I arrived. He was the main attraction that I had gone to see since I had recently seen a couple of videos of his work.
Skidboot video
Texas Country Reporter
The Best of Skidboot
At 2 pm activity moved into the main arena for a concert by Sonny Burgess, an appearance by Jim Jeffcoat and Walt Garrison (Dallas Cowboys), another band and perhaps some other speakers as well as drawings for some rifles and hunting equipment. I did not stay for these events but heard later that over 150 people responded to an invitation after Walt Garrison's testimony with many of them accepting Jesus for salvation. This was the reason for the entire event.

After my early visit to the event I drove to Cleburne to shop for a computer at Staples. We are buying a new computer to use in the sanctuary for video and presentation software. After Cleburne I returned to Alvarado for another visit to the Wild Game Fest and then on to Arlington Fry's Electronics and Best Buy. I purchased a Gateway computer multi-media computer at Best Buy.
After supper at McDonalds I returned home by nightfall ready for bed.
After the morning chores, checking the cows and meeting with Marvin I went to the Diamond W Arena in Alvarado for the third annual Johnson County Wild Game Fest. Our youth director was in charge of parking with the kids directing cars to their parking spots.
This event is designed to attract men of the area to a christian event that might otherwise never attend a church service. Wild game meat was provided to anyone interested is setting up their cookers/smokers with prizes for the best in several categories. I did not hear who won.
From 10 am til 2 pm there was a large exhibit hall with vendors of all kinds. Food tables were set up along one side of the hall extending for over 100 yds. and they were giving away the food that had been prepared just outside the door.
Some ladies from our church were handling a table of venison burgers. I made a mistake and filled up on venison and had no room to try any of the other interesting dishes. I will try to remember to try other things next year.
At one end of the exhibit hall was a small arena for demonstrations. David Hartwig a dog trainer had just started when I arrived. He was the main attraction that I had gone to see since I had recently seen a couple of videos of his work.
Skidboot video
Texas Country Reporter
The Best of Skidboot
At 2 pm activity moved into the main arena for a concert by Sonny Burgess, an appearance by Jim Jeffcoat and Walt Garrison (Dallas Cowboys), another band and perhaps some other speakers as well as drawings for some rifles and hunting equipment. I did not stay for these events but heard later that over 150 people responded to an invitation after Walt Garrison's testimony with many of them accepting Jesus for salvation. This was the reason for the entire event.
After my early visit to the event I drove to Cleburne to shop for a computer at Staples. We are buying a new computer to use in the sanctuary for video and presentation software. After Cleburne I returned to Alvarado for another visit to the Wild Game Fest and then on to Arlington Fry's Electronics and Best Buy. I purchased a Gateway computer multi-media computer at Best Buy.
After supper at McDonalds I returned home by nightfall ready for bed.

2 Comments:
Wow, that really was a busy day.
One of them ladies from the church looks familiar.
Post a Comment
<< Home