Another Grandpa Venture

I have been holding a little green travel bug for a long time. Today seemed like a good day to send him on his way but first we had to stop at Whataburger for lunch.

I remembered a park in Arlington where I had visited about 2 years ago and I wanted to return to check on a huge fig tree at the back side of the park. We saw some toadstools growing in the damp ground after several days of rain.


This wine cup is like the ones that grow near Jeff's house.

This is the largest fig tree that I have ever seen. Even though the power company had cut out the top to keep it out of the wires it is still huge. Most fig plants that I have seen are bushes. Click on the picture for a better view.

I want to go back when the figs get ripe.
.....................................................................
While I searched for the cache David made friends with a pony next door.


There were goats in the pen also...

...and some roosters.

Before getting back to the car the playground beckoned.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
While searching for another cache I saw this bunny.
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

This is a new travel bug that I found in the cache today. Now we will have to venture out another day to find a home for this one!
I have been holding a little green travel bug for a long time. Today seemed like a good day to send him on his way but first we had to stop at Whataburger for lunch.
I remembered a park in Arlington where I had visited about 2 years ago and I wanted to return to check on a huge fig tree at the back side of the park. We saw some toadstools growing in the damp ground after several days of rain.
This wine cup is like the ones that grow near Jeff's house.
This is the largest fig tree that I have ever seen. Even though the power company had cut out the top to keep it out of the wires it is still huge. Most fig plants that I have seen are bushes. Click on the picture for a better view.
I want to go back when the figs get ripe.
.....................................................................
While I searched for the cache David made friends with a pony next door.
There were goats in the pen also...
...and some roosters.
Before getting back to the car the playground beckoned.
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
While searching for another cache I saw this bunny.
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
This is a new travel bug that I found in the cache today. Now we will have to venture out another day to find a home for this one!

3 Comments:
a fun day!
Oh, come pick some of our figs when they get ripe!! We can never keep up! I'm in the process of getting a picture on the blog of our tree in the backyard!
Ok, so what is is "travel bug" and a "cache"?
And I got fig tree pics posted!
Post a Comment
<< Home