Grandpa Makes A Comeback!
Remember that I was sick around the first of July with severe chest congestion. My visit to the doctor at that time resulted in a prescription for some strong antibiotics and steroids. They worked within 24 hours but a slight tickle in my lungs has persisted until last Thursday when I began coughing more and having a tight feeling in my chest. A call to the doctor's office revealed that they were booked up until next Monday.
As I tossed and turned and coughed in bed on Thursday I remembered that the doctor had said that this kind of congestion could easily turn into pneumonia. By 1 am I decided it might be time to go to the emergency room for diagnosis.
The x-ray showed no signs of pneumonia and that was good news so the doctor there gave me a prescription for another round of antibiotics and steroids. Again this combination worked within 24 hours to relieve most of the coughing and congestion.
Now we are again looking forward to our church's mission trip to Missouri. We will be helping a small church in Collins, MO hang sheet rock in their new building. Some of the ladies and youth will help with VBS and I will drive the bus as shuttle for the VBS workers. The nearest motel where we will be staying is in Bolivar, MO, about 30 miles south of Collins. I hope to take pictures of our work and have them posted to a photo blog.
Remember that I was sick around the first of July with severe chest congestion. My visit to the doctor at that time resulted in a prescription for some strong antibiotics and steroids. They worked within 24 hours but a slight tickle in my lungs has persisted until last Thursday when I began coughing more and having a tight feeling in my chest. A call to the doctor's office revealed that they were booked up until next Monday.
As I tossed and turned and coughed in bed on Thursday I remembered that the doctor had said that this kind of congestion could easily turn into pneumonia. By 1 am I decided it might be time to go to the emergency room for diagnosis.
The x-ray showed no signs of pneumonia and that was good news so the doctor there gave me a prescription for another round of antibiotics and steroids. Again this combination worked within 24 hours to relieve most of the coughing and congestion.
Now we are again looking forward to our church's mission trip to Missouri. We will be helping a small church in Collins, MO hang sheet rock in their new building. Some of the ladies and youth will help with VBS and I will drive the bus as shuttle for the VBS workers. The nearest motel where we will be staying is in Bolivar, MO, about 30 miles south of Collins. I hope to take pictures of our work and have them posted to a photo blog.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home