Saturday, June 30, 2007

Exploring

One day last week while all the girls were out shopping I had time by myself. After lunch at McDonalds I visited a new development site that will likely someday be home to environmentally conscious residents. As I searched the internet I found some descriptions that fit this property.

The development area is located on a wooded site along a creek and includes ponds that could provide some excellent fishing possibilities. Although not yet complete trails leading through the woods are ideal for those wishing to explore this expansive natural scenery. Signs of beaver activity have been noted along the waterways. This combination of wildlife activity and water provides areas of great diversity for non-woody wild plants to grow in combination with more common woody species.

Due to the abundance of seed bearing plants, bushes with berries and close proximity to water, the land is saturated with a wide variety of plant, bird and animal species. Several tracts on this site would be excellent locations for micro-farms. The area is generally unaffected by human encroachment except in one area where some old railroad signals have been dumped!

2 Comments:

Blogger onemotherslove said...

Sounds like the PERFECT place!!

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The railroad signals will provide a nice habitat for birds, wasps, and buzzard perches in the summer.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home