Tuesday at the Movies
Grandma and I heeded SE's passionate plea to go see the movie Fireproof. We don't go to movies any more. Why would we want to have to be captive while being bombarded with foul language that is included just for its shock value in so many movies? However this one was different! Even though the emotions were very intense it was presented without any foul language and seductive scenes. How refreshing!
Another reason for not going to movies is that I have difficulty seeing through tears. This one was no exception! As we watched the young couple struggle through difficulty times I kept remembering some of the studies that we had done as a young married couple. I guess we were about the last generation to have participated in "Training Union." I am so thankful to have had that background as well as some good family examples to guide us through the years. God is so good!
Most movies today are filled with passion. This one demonstrated so vividly the absence of "appropriate" passion that it tore at your heart.
I was a little like my daddy used to be when watching the old western movies and would say, "That's not for real" or my favorite, "This is the third time they have ridden past that same rock!" It is difficult to film a fire fighting scene with realism but they did a good job.
I agree with SE. Make time to see this movie!
Grandma and I heeded SE's passionate plea to go see the movie Fireproof. We don't go to movies any more. Why would we want to have to be captive while being bombarded with foul language that is included just for its shock value in so many movies? However this one was different! Even though the emotions were very intense it was presented without any foul language and seductive scenes. How refreshing!
Another reason for not going to movies is that I have difficulty seeing through tears. This one was no exception! As we watched the young couple struggle through difficulty times I kept remembering some of the studies that we had done as a young married couple. I guess we were about the last generation to have participated in "Training Union." I am so thankful to have had that background as well as some good family examples to guide us through the years. God is so good!
Most movies today are filled with passion. This one demonstrated so vividly the absence of "appropriate" passion that it tore at your heart.
I was a little like my daddy used to be when watching the old western movies and would say, "That's not for real" or my favorite, "This is the third time they have ridden past that same rock!" It is difficult to film a fire fighting scene with realism but they did a good job.
I agree with SE. Make time to see this movie!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home