A Favorite Spot
Yes, anytime we go to Meridian State Park this is a required stop. The sign at the parking area points the way.

As we approach from above we are standing atop the overhanding ledge that once provided shelter for honeybees and probably for many native american Indians also.

Once underneath the huge limestone overhang I am still amazed by the size of this feature.

The honeybees are no longer here (there were still some in the deepest pockets when we first came here back in the seventies).

I did see some tracks in the sand that looked like turkey.
.
Yes, anytime we go to Meridian State Park this is a required stop. The sign at the parking area points the way.
As we approach from above we are standing atop the overhanding ledge that once provided shelter for honeybees and probably for many native american Indians also.
Once underneath the huge limestone overhang I am still amazed by the size of this feature.
The honeybees are no longer here (there were still some in the deepest pockets when we first came here back in the seventies).
I did see some tracks in the sand that looked like turkey.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home