Friday, February 25, 2011

Hill Country Road Trip

Today I replaced the geocache near the Beveridge Bridge. While there I checked out the new cable anchors.



I had to stop for a moment to admire the "Wedding Oak".



I saw a sign pointing to Fort McKavett so took a little detour to visit since I was so close. Jerry and I had stopped here for a few minutes several years ago while on our way to El Paso.




I liked this description!





One restored building and one still in ruins.



This spring bubbling out of the rocks created the beginning of the San Saba River and served as the source of water for the soldiers in the fort. It flows year round and in fact is still used as the water supply for the historical park buildings.



I noticed this old cemetery just west of Junction. The old rock wall still keeps out the livestock.



Looked like a range fire somewhere south of Junction. The smoke didn't show very well in the photo but there was a lot of gray smoke.



This bridge spans the South Llano river in Junction. The North and South Llano come together just below town.


I noticed that there is only one set of rigid supports atop the concrete pillars. All the rest are on a rocking support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home