Friday, January 28, 2011

Spur of the Moment

The weather forecast called for a few days of good weather so I hit the road. Stopped in Palestine at the Texas State Railroad.



Took an early morning walk down by the river in Shreveport and was intrigued by this railroad bridge that swings to allow the tall river boats to pass.




Saw the Bass Pro Shop beyond the high Long-Allen bridge built in 1932.





From the Bossier City side of the river I could see the Sams Town Cassino across the river from the Bass Pro Shops. Bass Pro and many other stores and restaurants are in a very upscale development called the Louisiana Boardwalk.




There was a Sonic inside the Bass Pro Shop on the second floor. No drive thru here!





I am standing beside a steam powered water pump in the old water works building. These pumps were used until 1980. Each pump could deliver 5 million gallons per day.





The elevation marker at Caddo Dam.





This lake has a really tall dam. It must be at least 5 feet high.




Visited the Excelsior House in Jefferson. Grandma and I were here in 1963 for our honeymoon. Looks just like it did in 1963.




My room tonight at the Comfort Suites in Longview.

1 Comments:

Blogger onemotherslove said...

Looks like a comfy place to lay your head after an interesting day! Did you try a BLT at Sonic? : )

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home