Tuesday, February 07, 2012





Cold and Windy Tuesday

We enjoyed lunch at the historic Chaf-In cafe in Cleburne.


The wind was so cold today that I wanted to stay in the car. We drove west past Cleburne State Park then south into the Goatneck area of Johnson County. I tried to find something that I could remember from our camping days along the Brazos river in the late 40's and early 50's but the roads have changed and the only landmark I could see was Bee mountain. We camped along the river bank just across from the base of Bee mountain.


Heading back toward Rio Visa we stopped for a drive-thru at Johnson County's only park. This was Hamm Creek park and campground. It connects with the upper end of Lake Whitney but today the lake is so low that the only water to be seen was that of the Brazos river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home