Windy day
Strong north wind blew all day long today. It was sunny but still unpleasantly chilly with the strong wind.
After feeding the cows I hauled a load of water for the cows near the cemetery then drove the hay truck to Grandview to get a U-joint replaced. The mechanic was gone so I went by the church to check on some spreadsheet programming that the secretaries wanted.
This afternoon while walking the fenceline by South Chambers I noticed a few puddles of water have formed in the bottom of the creek. So far I haven't seen any water rising in the North Chambers creek by the cemetery.
I noticed a smoke in the northwest and heard on the radio that a grass fire near Joshua was threatening about 25 homes. According to the news on TV tonight some of the lawns burned but no homes. Most of the fire news on TV was about a grass fire at DFW. The DFW fire dept put it out loosing only about 25 acres of grass between the highway where the fire started and a runway. Flights were halted for a few minutes due to heavy smoke.
Jerry seems to be feeling better today but still tires easily.
Strong north wind blew all day long today. It was sunny but still unpleasantly chilly with the strong wind.
After feeding the cows I hauled a load of water for the cows near the cemetery then drove the hay truck to Grandview to get a U-joint replaced. The mechanic was gone so I went by the church to check on some spreadsheet programming that the secretaries wanted.
This afternoon while walking the fenceline by South Chambers I noticed a few puddles of water have formed in the bottom of the creek. So far I haven't seen any water rising in the North Chambers creek by the cemetery.
I noticed a smoke in the northwest and heard on the radio that a grass fire near Joshua was threatening about 25 homes. According to the news on TV tonight some of the lawns burned but no homes. Most of the fire news on TV was about a grass fire at DFW. The DFW fire dept put it out loosing only about 25 acres of grass between the highway where the fire started and a runway. Flights were halted for a few minutes due to heavy smoke.
Jerry seems to be feeling better today but still tires easily.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home