Wolf Moon
The Farmer's Almanac says that the January full moon is called a Wolf Moon because in early New England the wolves often howled as the full moon reflected on the January snowfall. They were likely hungry because the snow had hidden much of their food source.
Tonight as I walked in the moonlight it seemed almost as light as day even with the light cloud cover that partially obscured the moon. The moon is at a low point in its orbit making it closer to the Earth than it will be at any other time this year. This makes is seem brighter and larger than usual.
I tried to get a picture of the moon but my camera did not want to cooperate and I didn't spend much time with it.
The Farmer's Almanac says that the January full moon is called a Wolf Moon because in early New England the wolves often howled as the full moon reflected on the January snowfall. They were likely hungry because the snow had hidden much of their food source.
Tonight as I walked in the moonlight it seemed almost as light as day even with the light cloud cover that partially obscured the moon. The moon is at a low point in its orbit making it closer to the Earth than it will be at any other time this year. This makes is seem brighter and larger than usual.
I tried to get a picture of the moon but my camera did not want to cooperate and I didn't spend much time with it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home