Monday - Yes We Are Still Alive!
It has been five days since I last updated this site. Clarice sent an email asking if we were sick. No, I have just been busy doing other things. The gas company has decided to build a water storage pond here in the area where I once had my hog pen and where I have most of my farming equipment stored. Friday and Saturday was spent moving the old equipment to another area out of the way.
Some of the equipment could be pulled on its own wheels but other pieces had to be mounted on the tractor for transport. Climbing up and down into the cab of the big tractor so many times was hard on this old man. I certainly don't need a trip to the gym for a workout!
Saturday we attended the funeral for O Z Wallace Strickland. Jerry helped with the family meal before the memorial service. Earlier we had attended Will's three on three basketball game in Maypearl. Friday evening we saw Andy's team engaged in a hard fought game with Grandview. Grandview was in the lead by 6 or 8 points with about 3 minutes to play. Maypearl had a streak of good playing and pulled into the lead by one point with seconds to play. They were able to keep Grandview away from the basket until the last seconds when a crazy shot at the buzzer went through the hoop and Grandview won by one point. It was a very exciting game.
Monday we moved the last piece of farm equipment to the new location and got the offset plow started in the sudan field. The ground is still just a little wet in one corner of the field but is plowing good in the rest of the area.
Jerry was having lunch with the quilt club at FBC so I went to have lunch with them and them on to Burleson to get the tires installed on my pickup. I met Will when he got home this afternoon and took him to see the construction and help move the fencing materials stored around the old shed in the hog pen. Yes, this is the location of Andy's and Lauren's fort during the past holidays. The shed will be destroyed in the construction of the new pond.
Jeff came by after work to pick up Will then Jerry and I drove to the north place and noticed that the low fuel warning light had come on so we went on to Alvarado for gas and a burger at McDonalds.
It has been five days since I last updated this site. Clarice sent an email asking if we were sick. No, I have just been busy doing other things. The gas company has decided to build a water storage pond here in the area where I once had my hog pen and where I have most of my farming equipment stored. Friday and Saturday was spent moving the old equipment to another area out of the way.
Some of the equipment could be pulled on its own wheels but other pieces had to be mounted on the tractor for transport. Climbing up and down into the cab of the big tractor so many times was hard on this old man. I certainly don't need a trip to the gym for a workout!
Saturday we attended the funeral for O Z Wallace Strickland. Jerry helped with the family meal before the memorial service. Earlier we had attended Will's three on three basketball game in Maypearl. Friday evening we saw Andy's team engaged in a hard fought game with Grandview. Grandview was in the lead by 6 or 8 points with about 3 minutes to play. Maypearl had a streak of good playing and pulled into the lead by one point with seconds to play. They were able to keep Grandview away from the basket until the last seconds when a crazy shot at the buzzer went through the hoop and Grandview won by one point. It was a very exciting game.
Monday we moved the last piece of farm equipment to the new location and got the offset plow started in the sudan field. The ground is still just a little wet in one corner of the field but is plowing good in the rest of the area.
Jerry was having lunch with the quilt club at FBC so I went to have lunch with them and them on to Burleson to get the tires installed on my pickup. I met Will when he got home this afternoon and took him to see the construction and help move the fencing materials stored around the old shed in the hog pen. Yes, this is the location of Andy's and Lauren's fort during the past holidays. The shed will be destroyed in the construction of the new pond.
Jeff came by after work to pick up Will then Jerry and I drove to the north place and noticed that the low fuel warning light had come on so we went on to Alvarado for gas and a burger at McDonalds.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home