Saturday, October 28, 2006

Entering The High Speed Era

Our high speed wireless connection with AirCanopy (www.aircanopy.net) was installed the day before we left for California. This was after three weeks of phone calls to the company asking for service and being told each time that we had trees blocking our signal or we were too far from the tower or some other lame excuse.

I can see the Itasca tower from my front porch with bare eyes! I measured the distance with my GPS and found it to be 8.9 miles. Their tech had told me that this tower had a 10 mile line of sight coverage.

Finally I was able to connect with the owner of the company and get him to agree to send an installer. After the installation he checked our reception and said it was one of the best he has seen from that tower!

I bought a used wireless router on eBay while we were in CA. It is now installed and doing a good job. Pages that used to take forever to load (whatsheupto) now load almost instantly and I can upload pictures from home now. I am still having some difficulty getting the network settings done right. Jerry's computer can't seem to see the high speed connection. I will keep working on it.


------------------------------------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger Pipesville said...

I wish I had a high speed internet connection. I've been trying to upload 1 picture for 5 minutes.

10:07 AM  
Blogger onemotherslove said...

WOW!!! There's a dish on Grandpa's house!!! So now we can fill your mailbox with pictures, right? Or I can blog 10 at a time every day? : )

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home