Monday, December 19, 2005

Busy Sunday...

Sunday morning the choir presented the Christmas music program. I went to Sunday School while Jerry rested a little longer. After completing my responsibilities there I drove Jerry to church in time for the worship. The program included the choir, some narration and some dialogue. We had never had a final dress rehearsal but it came off fairly well.

Mrs. Cottingame died last week so immediately after worship the family dinner was served in fellowship hall. We had a Carter Blood center drive scheduled at the same time so had to move that to the youth department. I took Jerry home and came back to handle sound for the funeral at 2 pm.

After the funeral I went by the blood donation center with my list of medications that I am taking. They told me that there was a 3 day waiting period before I could donate after taking the Prednesone that the doctor gave me last week. I then went to the office to use the high speed internet for a few minutes. It was out of order!! The DSL signal was still coming in but not going past the router. We may have to buy a new router today.

Next I stopped by the pastor's home for his open house and had a few snacks and spiced apple juice. When I arrived home the sun had come out and the day was warm. I did a little repair work on the driveway just to get out into the warm weather.

Jerry accompanied me to the evening worship service which was very relaxed. We sang carols mostly. Bill our director wanted us to sing some carols that are less used while saving the more familiar carols for next week. Two minutes before the service time the pastor called me to the music room. He wanted to have a men's quartet! We sang Joy To The World.

My asthma medicine has cleared my lungs but I still have intermittent congestion in my throat. Hope that is gone soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger onemotherslove said...

I see Russell is a planner, huh? : )

Are these comments mailed to you? Mine is still not sending them to me.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home